To have a McAfee login account, register or sign up through the McAfee login page. When the account is registered you will have the McAfee account login credentials, which you have to provide every time to log in to McAfee account web portal.
- Launch a browser on your PC and in the search box type McAfee account login.
- Click on the McAfee login page. Here on the left side of the window, you will find my account option, click on it.
- Now click on the sign-in option which will open the McAfee account login page.
- Select the new user option and click on the register now button.
- Follow the prompts on the screen, provide the details asked, and then create a strong password.
- Once finished, click on the register button.
Login to the McAfee account through a web browser
- Fire up your PC and launch a web browser.
- Now to address the field and type McAfee.com/activate. This url will take you to the login section of the McAfee website.
- You may be asked to choose the type of account, that is a personal or business account.
- Choose the type of account and click on it, you will be taken to another screen, with boxes to fill in the login information.
- In the first box type the email address you provided while registering your account.
- In the next box type the McAfee account password. Fill this information carefully as failure to that will prevent you from login to your McAfee account.
- Once both the boxes have the required information, click on the sign-in button.
- Your credential will be checked and if they are found correct, you will be allowed to enter your McAfee account dashboard.
Login to McAfee account through the McAfee main application window
After you have installed and activated the McAfee antivirus security on your pc, you have to log in to sync the McAfee software to McAfee web portal.
- Go to the desktop and double click the McAfee icon the launch the McAfee application.
- On the application window, move the cursor to the menu option and click the menu button to expand it.
- Navigate through the menu, find the account option, and then click on login.
- You will be taken to the McAfee login screen. Enter the login details correctly and click the sign-in button.
Login to McAfee account from a mobile device
Procedure to access the McAfee account from an Android or iOS device via McAfee smartphone app is slightly different than PC due to the user interface difference. Follow the below steps on your smartphones
- If you don't have the McAfee app yet, the first thing you have to do is to install it on your smartphones.
- For android users, the Google play store is the place where you will get the app, and iOS users should open the App Store, search for McAfee mobile security and then click on install the button.
- Once the installation completes, browse through the installed apps on your phones and tap on the McAfee mobile security app to open it.
- Now on the app's screen click on the menu button, it will be a gear icon or three small horizontal lines. From the menu, select my account and then click on Sign in.
- Provide the credentials for your McAfee antivirus account, that is your email and password and then tap the sign-in button.
Login to McAfee account if you have lost your account password
You need a registered email id and a password to login into your account, if you have lost or forgotten the password, you can reset it.
- Open your preferred web browser, and use it to launch the McAfee.com/activate page with a login link.
- Here instead of choosing the login option, click on forgot password.
- The page will prompt you to provide the email address linked to your account, enter it, and then click on the Send button to receive the email with a password reset link.
- Now go to the inbox of the provided email and open the message with the subject, Reset your McAfee password.
- If you do not see the message in your inbox, check the junk or spam mailbox and if you find it there, mark it as a secure message to be able to access the contained links.
- Once you click the password recovery link, a new window will open in the browser.
- Here you can create a new password for online McAfee login.
- After you have confirmed your password and received the message that the password reset has been completed successfully, you will be able to perform McAfee account login and access your McAfee antivirus account.
That will be all for the McAfee account login process. This simple guide has all the steps to successfully access the McAfee online portal and we hope you haven't faced any difficulty following the steps. In case of any further assistance, we would recommend you go to the McAfee website, and obtain the additional resources and guides.